Sunday, March 18, 2012

Shabby Tea Room - "Spring is in the Air"



Good afternoon! I have just finished this card for the "Spring is Near" challenge at The Shabby Tea Room. They also provided this wonderful photo for inspiration. I love the vibrant colors against the worn wood background.




I really wanted to try to emulate the wood so I started with my Tim Holtz dry embossing folder. I used light grey paper. Before embossing I swiped the folder with a combination of dark and light brown along with white. This gives a really nice effect.

I stamped this beautiful pergola in white and added flowers with stickles to match the colors in the contest photo.



Then I added some spring pink ribbon and flowers, along with an umbrella with my sentiment.


Here in Winnipeg, Manitoba it is unseasonably warm and spring truly is just around the corner. I can't wait to get out there and begin digging. Maybe I'll post some pictures of my gardens when they are in full splendor. Have a great week!
Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment