Saturday, March 31, 2012

Prima BAP March 2012 - "Mitchell with the Forest Fairies"


Good Saturday to you all,
Today is "Gardening Saturday" in Winnipeg so I was up early to get there before the press of crowds. I think everyone had the same theory as myself as it was just packed. I saw lots of great gardening ideas and some new innovations. I was really drawn by the Master Gardener booth. You can take agronomic and horticulture courses over a period of a year and then write an exam to become a certified Master Gardener. What a great idea! I am going to do some further research on their webpage to see what the costs and time commitments would be. If I could retire right now I would become a summer gardener and a winter crafter/artist. That reminds me, I need to buy a lottery ticket!

Today I have a scrapbook page to show you that I made using the BAP March layout from the Prima Blog. How I love these products! My greatest challenge is using flowers on a page with my son! He is so understanding! He just lets me create as I see things, and then he tells me he thinks they look good - flowers and all. What a gem!


For this page I started with white paper. I masked off a rectangle and sprayed purple mist and splashed royal blue glimmer glam in this area. Then I used a Prima mask and applied lots of gesso to the top right and bottom left corners. Then I had to let it dry.





I loved the white picture frame created by the gesso application but wanted to bring it out a bit more. I took some Create a Shade pearl and painted all the white gesso and then used a paint brush to add blue and purple ink as accent colors.



I have used a Prima Mask with gesso, Nature Garden Collection “Fairy Godmother”, assorted Prima flowers, gems and jewels. I cut out the fairies from the paper and added liquid glass and pearl accents. These surround black and white photos of my son in the Assiniboine Forest, Winnipeg, Canada. I really liked the forest and fairy combination.



 Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a crafty weekend!
Wanda

6 comments:

  1. wow I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this .... fabulous rich color .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, Thank you for your kind comment! I am just a beginner at scrapbooking and have 15yrs of my sons life to get to work on! I love the blog community and the constant inspiration. How did you find me?
      Wanda

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the recognition for your fine work for the March BAP! There is a light and airy quality to this - just like a fairy's flight! df

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment. I was thrilled to see my page on Prima's Blog. I am in awe of the other pages entered. All of their interpretations are an inspiration. Wanda

      Delete
  3. Hi Vicky,
    Thank you for leaving a comment. I have visited your blog My Embellished World many times and I always love your pages!
    Regards,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete