Wednesday, October 03, 2012

'Touch' Nature - Bird is the Word Challenge

"Inchworm, Inchworm, where are you going? Inchworm, Inchworm, how do you move that way?"

I just finished the layout I am showing you today. This one depicts Mitchell with a tiny green inchworm on his finger. The look of curiosity, the look of wonder  . . . if I could just read that mind of his! I am going to enter this on Bird is the Word blog for their current word challenge 'Touch'.
I spent a lot of time working on the wood pieces for this layout. I started with white card stock and used a wood grain mask with gesso to bring in some texture. I then painted these pieces with a taupe brown for the base and then highlighted with a mixture of grey and chocolate brown. I cut the knot of the wood pattern out to frame the photo. I then added some flower soft powder in green and brown to emulate woodland moss.
The green background was edged with two different Prima masks using inks in blue, green, olive and purple. I then outlined this with a white gel pen.
 I cut out the rose buds from a beautiful page from Prima. I added Prima flowers, and wooden clock pieces.
The title of this page "Touch nature" is written on a slice of wood provided my lovely father-in-law!

Tonight I am going back to the craft think tank to see what else I can drum up.
Have a nice evening.
Wanda




11 comments:

  1. Sensational I cannot believe all the work you have put into this layout at first i thought wow what a fabulous digi layout then when I started reading about all the cutting masking colouring etc WOW WOW WOW
    thanks so much for sharing with us at Bird Is The Word!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Day Irini,
      Thank you for taking a closer look. I enjoy the gesso/painting, cutting and pasting too much to go the digital route. The creative mess I make on my layout and table feeds my soul!!
      Wanda

      Delete
  2. Uauu,that different page, loved..thanks for joining in at BITW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisabeth, Thank you so much for taking a peek at my layout.

      Delete
  3. Hi..This looks amazing, all the details, fussy cutting and layers.. stunning take on the word challenge, thanks for joining in at BITW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy, I enjoyed working with the tree/bark mask and painting everything. The picture seemed to be begging to be called "Touch" Nature! I would love to join in again at Bird is the Word!

      Delete
  4. This is JUST BEAUTIFUL.... The Journaling is AWESOME & the layers are just SENSATIONAL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsty, What a wonderful thing to say! I am so pleased when someone enjoys the results of my playing around on paper. Wanda

      Delete
  5. this is absolutely stunning!! it looks like he is inside the bark of a tree!! fabulous LO thanks for joining us at BITW and come check out my giveaway http://kerentamir.blogspot.ca/2012/09/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      I thought Mitchell's picture would look great from through the tree knothole! Thank you for your address, I will stop by and have a peek!
      Wanda

      Delete
  6. wooow! love this page, it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete